Tuesday, July 01, 2008

True to life



Again, I couldn't get a "Candorville" strip to load, but you can see Darrin's work at his web site and, of course, the dailies that will appear in The Gazette through July.

I got a message yesterday from Brian saying "Diesel Sweeties" will no longer be syndicated after mid-August. And I'm still wondering what to do with "For Better or For Worse." So, if you like any of the test comics or have something you'd like to see us try, let me know.

I'm bummed about "Diesel," but I understand creator Rich Stevens' decision. He has been creating print and online versions of the strip, which is a lot of work even if it did bring in bags more money. And apparently it didn't.

I'll keep reading it online and sharing DS merch with friends in the office. Keep it up, Rich! Maybe I'll see you at Comic-Con again.


Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really think 'F Minus' was the best test comic so far. Kind of a 'Far Side' feeling to it and consistently funny.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Dena Rosenberry said...

If you like "F Minus" and "The Far Side," do me a favor and check out "Argyle Sweater" online and let me know what you think.

I plan to test it next, but that won't be till the end of July or early August.

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

F - Minus is good, Argyle is very Far Side-esque.

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

F-Minus, please! Argyle is good, but Tony has a great unique voice. Will definitely see you at Comicon if you're coming, boss.

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

won't miss diesel sweeties at all

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home