Thursday, March 13, 2008

Check out Arctic Circle

A poster asked if I'd seen Arctic Circle. Yep, I have a folder from the syndicate. It went over so-so in the office. Thanks for reminding me to check in on it and see how it's coming along.

It's about Ed, Oscar and Gordo, three penguins who migrate from antarctica to the artic. Antics regularly include their polar bear, tern, lemming and rabbit friends. Alex Hallatt, the creator, lives in Lyttelton, a wonderful town on New Zealand's south island. My friends and I stopped there while tramping some years ago. A real delight. A guy we met at the train station insisted we stay at his home instead of finding a youth hostel or a cheap motel. Everyone was friendly and the surroundings are absolutely gorgeous.


Here's a couple of sample strips to get a feel for the 'guins and their banter:








Take a look at the site and let me know what you think. We should pop in and look at Cul de Sac today, too. I miss those rascals!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Arctic Circle a lot. And you can't beat those Kiwis for hospitality.

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very mild for a strip set in the frozen plains

2:37 PM  
Blogger arcticcircle said...

The strip was launched in August. Since then, it has evolved a lot, with particular emphasis on environmental issues, which have always been important to me.

Not sure if that helps or hinders, but thanks for taking an interest.

Alex

10:00 PM  
Blogger Dena Rosenberry said...

Always nice when a cartoonist drops in for a comment! Let's check out the current Arctic Circles and see what the gang is up to - and we can do that electronically (so green of us).

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home