Thursday, June 19, 2008

Whew! Not enough laughs of recent

Wow. Nearly 2 months since I last posted. Time flies when ... Well, I guess time just flies.

Anyway, I'm settling in at this new desk, in this new job, at this new computer, on this new computer system.

My goal is to resume posting, sharing funnies and news of the funnies. We need humor in our lives, gosh darnit!

John Matthews of Universal Press Syndicate stopped by yesterday on his swing through the Rocky Mountain states. John is always good for a laugh (I say that in the most sincere way). He dropped off new packets of "Cul de Sac" and "The Argyle Sweater," which I still enjoy.

He said I can add "The Argyle Sweater" to the Test Center. I think you'll like it. We shared a few here on the blog a while back. Look for that as soon as I pick another panel strip to test.

And I need to continue to share "Cul de Sac," because I think it's a great strip. Not for everyone, but what great strips are?



Brian Patten over at the Washington Post Writers Group says I can test "Candorville." I hope to start that Monday. I'll see if Creators will allow us to check out "Daddy's Home." After all the hubbub here on the blog, we'll see what other readers think of it.

Gotta jet. More later.

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Billy O said...

Cul De Sac is for everyone .. they're just too stubborn or dense to realize it.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Billy O said...

and welcome back ...w e missed you!

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right, Billy. If I don't like the same comic as you, I'm stupid.

You're either too stubborn or dense to realize how inane that comment seems.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Billy O said...

I'm sorry your stupid, James. There are classes you can take to help your affliction.

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it ironic, Billy, that you call me stupid, yet you can't figure out how to spell an easy conjuntion like "you're"?

You're a bright one, there, sparky.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Billy O said...

Oh, James. Impeccable grammar can't make up for poor taste in comics. But I'm pulling for you ...


And when I turn in my thesis, "People with Bad Senses of Humor: 'Dense James' a Case Study" I'll make sure to pay for a proofreader.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Billy O said...

conjuntion

???

HA. Nice one, professor!

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Billy, Billy, Billy. Your ignorance is concerning. Your attitude when it comes to comics is laughable. Let me summarize: "If you don't have the same tastes that I do, you're an idiot."

That would classify you as a Philistine. I know your type Billy. The Soviets called you all "useful idiots."

And don't even try to compare a typo with your abuse of the language.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Billy O said...

I do compare a typo and the misuse of a "conjuntion."

Your sanctimonious and self-agramdizinf call for proper grammar on a blog is nullified by your own inability to master the language.

The Soviets, Philistines and those of us with good taste in comics call you people "hypocrites."

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um... I'm sorry to inturupt your conversation, but I just wanted to say that I like Daddy's Home very much, and Argyle Sweater is pretty good too. And, Billy and James... you two might want to get a chat room.

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home