Friday, January 25, 2008

Agnes makes me laugh

and think.


I've heard from a few Agnes fans. You can look through archives here.


So far, there's not much of a local fan base for Family Tree. A bit more for Cul de Sac, but nothing definitive. Readers are all over the map in their requests. My favorites so far are people who demand "no more animals!"

Here are a couple of comments about Cul de Sac on Dog eat Doug creator Brian Anderson's site. Interesting note: Two readers who say they don't enjoy Cul de Sac mentioned they like Dog eat Doug. Now we know DeD's Anderson is a Cul de Sac fan.


He also point to a strip that made me laugh out loud just now: Stewart the Bison by Scott Metzger. Here it is (oops, more animals!) :


Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have tried to laugh at Cul de Sac and Family Tree, and after one week I did not even chuckle. Toss em' now and bring back Brevity! Please do not wait 8 weeks!

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out these glowing reviews of Cul De Sac I found. Even the snarky Onion has good things to say.


http://www.comicsreporter.com/index.php/cr_sunday_interview_richard_thompson/

http://www.avclub.com/content/blog/strip_off_girls_sports_vs_cul_de

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try this

http://www.comicsreporter.com/index.php/cr_sunday_interview_richard_thompson/

http://www.avclub.com/content/blog/strip_off_girls_sports_vs_cul_de

The Onion post has like 230+ comments

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both Cul de Sac and Family Tree are NOT funny - get them off the Gazette pages NOW!!

6:36 AM  
Blogger Marilyn said...

I really do not care for the Family Tree. It seems that cartoonists just aren't as clever as some of the old ones.
Other strips I do not enjoy. are Get Fuzzy (a neurotic, nasty cat), Family Circus (same concept in a panel too many times), Lio (I don't get it), Diesel Sweeties (seldom clever) and Rose Is Rose (same concept too many times. At this point, my favorite is probably Lola. I think Peanuts is wonderful for the new teens to be exposed to his clever and dry humor at times.

Marilyn

10:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I really enjoy Agnes, I sincerely hope you keep this comic strip!

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home