Thursday, January 17, 2008

Springs humor spreads


I'm at the end of a two-day board meeting with features editors from across the country. Everyone is asking about the changes to our comics pages and the response. It's interesting to hear how important comics are to everyone, no matter the paper, and how reluctant some editors are to engage in conversation about the strips.

Here's a strip I've had requests to run. In fact, I think another department pays for this already, so I could run it today. Maybe we should start a campaign to add more space for comics!

Have you seen F Minus? Any thoughts? Seems to strive for the Far Side fans, but I haven't seen it enough to know whether it hits the mark.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This F-minus looks interesting. Lets give it a try.
Good work Dena!

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have seen this strip in other papers around the country and is MUCH better than Family Tree and Cul De Sac which should be removed IMEDIATELY and replaced with In Good Humor and bring back Wizard of Id.

Rick

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is decent. I would add it in favor of BC. Family Tree is not very good and too one note. Cul De Sac is sensational so far.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Dena Rosenberry said...

I'm going to give the test strips at least a month - seems only fair to the creators. But I do want to test F-minus. Thanks for the input.

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home