Monday, September 08, 2008

The end of



The Daily Cartoonist and The Comics Reporter are pondering whether the end of "Opus" is near, foreshadowed with this visit by Elvis in Sunday's strip.

We used to run "Opus" in The Gazette, in all its gorgeous technicolor glory. I hated to give it up, because when Berkeley Breathed is on, he's ON. But detractors ended up taking too much of my time. Still, it was great to hear from people who cared so much!!

BTW, if you want a magical Christmas book for a kid, check out Breathed's "Red Ranger Came Calling." I have read that book to my son, now 14, numerous times each Christmas season since he was 4 or 5. I don't know if he'll sit still for any stories this year, but if there's one that captures his imagination, it'll be this one.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home